In 2008, they launched RefuSHE, then Heshima Kenya, in that vision. Anne & Talyn founded RefuSHE as an innovative solution within the global refugee crisis – an organization built on the principle that every young woman deserves opportunity.
The Gender Based Violence (GBV) Training Officer would be responsible for all capacity building trainings related to gender-based violence prevention and response. S/he should be an experienced technical expert in gender-based violence prevention and response, and be comfortable leading trainings to community-based organizations and other community level structures. S/he should have ample experience leading capacity building trainings, developing curriculum, and working on training-focused programming.
- Lead all program training activities to community-based structures related to gender-based violence prevention and response
- Develop high quality training curriculum on GBV
- Participate in and/or lead community events that create awareness of or address GBV
- Lead the capacity building assessment for community-based structures as it relates to GBV understanding, knowledge, and gaps
- Coordinate across teams and organizations to develop and implement GBV training schedule
- Provide technical assistance as new gaps in GBV understanding emerge among community-based structures
- Participate in periodic, multi-disciplinary program reviews to identify challenges, opportunities, and needs of the program as it relates to GBV training and knowledge sharing
- Support the adherence to relevant monitoring and compliance mechanisms, including SOPs, contribution to the PSEA monthly reports
- Any other lawful duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or other relevant field from a recognized and reputable institution is required
- At least 3 – 5 years of direct experience in gender-based violence prevention and response
- Demonstrated and significant experience in capacity building and/or training at the community level
- Must have experience developing training curriculum and manuals
- Demonstrated experience working across teams, departments, and organizations to schedule and implement activities
- Comfortable and experienced working in fast-paced environments with tight timelines and little room for error
- Proficient in program data collection
- Experience working with highly vulnerable populations in required; experience working with refugees, conflict and post-conflict communities is an added advantage.
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Strong writing abilities for training manuals
- Detail oriented, high energy, and strongly self-driven
- Commitment to RK’s safeguarding and other policies on child protection